Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The rest...

Ok, So here is the scoop on these crazy storms! Amanda went to Iowa last week for her book conference and stayed with her family. I fixed tractors, helped here dad with his dragster and ate pizza from Casey's. (Yes the gas station place) I original set out with the idea of getting some star track shots, since Amanda's family lives on a farm I wouldn't have to compete with town lights. My plans were quickly changed with the weather turned grey.(which is ok really) We had storms EVERY day we were there; One day we actually had 3 blow through. The first one started early, 6 am, then clear skies, the next around 4, then clear skies and finally around 9:30. They were not small either, I was able to experience thunder heads and 50 mph wind appear from no place! They jumped up like a storm will on a beautiful day in the middle of a hike in colorado, only, no trees or caves to hide in. Just the nearest farm house, barn or cow.
I really enjoy the beautiful land Amanda's family lives on, the place is absolutely beautiful; Rolling hills covered in corn or soy beans, red bars and cows grazing. Standing there smelling the air and feeling the breeze can cary you away to a peaceful land indeed.
WE had a fantastic trip!
Then I broke my room mirror. I mean, the mirror wasn't mounted so really, I was asking for destruction. I bumped the glass with my elbow and spun around quickly to try and arrest the fall but I actually ended up hitting the mirror from the back and helped its trip to my floor. Boom! Then creative opportunity....

No comments:

Post a Comment